Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Music Miscellaneous


Yesterday, I began organ lessons! I am very excited to be learning how to play, and I hope to work up to a position as a church organist. I am taking lessons from the assistant kantor at the seminary, who is also the director of the children's homeschool choir. My first lesson was in the seminary chapel, so I got to play on the huge chapel organ. It was amazing, and I can't wait to learn more about playing the organ! The above picture is of the organ at Zion Lutheran Church, which I get to practice on. Thank you, Grandma Palmer, for paying for my organ lessons!

The homeschool choir that Lindsay, John, and I are part of has been going well, also. We have been singing at a chapel service each month. I am really enjoying it, and I am looking forward to singing at a chapel service tomorrow.

Last Saturday, I played the piano for a chapel service at a nursing home. Zion Lutheran Church visits many nursing homes, and they have offered me a position of playing piano for another chapel service at a nursing home every second Sunday of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment