Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blessed


Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. We had a great trip to Kansas City and McDonald, Kansas, to see my grandparents. We arrived in Kansas City just in time for the snowstorm, which made driving to church interesting.

At our annual Christmas Eve waffle party, we had 21 people. My mother-in-law jokingly said to my father-in-law, "Just look what we've done!" Quite a clan, once the kids, spouses, and grandchildren are all together! At my grandparents we were able to see aunts, uncles, cousins, and their children. We also had lots of time for dominoes, and our favorite card game, Pitch.

After spending time with extended family, and filling out the 2010 calendar with my family's ages for their next birthdays, I began thinking. The days fly by now, but someday, Lord willing, I will be looking back across my lifetime. One thing I know I will never regret is the time I have had with my children.

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,...
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them. Psalm 127:3a, 4


We certainly are blessed, and we look forward to seeing our heritage grow up and expand. To God be all praise and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment