Greetings from Northern Indiana! On July 1, we began on our big moving adventure. For those of you who haven't heard our moving story, here are some highlights:
1. We almost left the piano in KC. After three failed attempts to get it on the truck (can you imagine having to roll a piano back down the moving ramp after moving it halfway up?), we finally loaded it, with the help and intelligence of a neighbor and Dana's brother-in-law.
2. We finally got the truck loaded (top to bottom), about an hour and a half later than our contract said we had to be out of the house. Thankfully, the buyers had stopped by earlier on moving day, and it wasn't a problem. We were loaded and ready to go, and the battery in the van was dead. (It's always something, right? *Sigh*.) We pushed it over by Stan's car, and he gave it a jump. Needless to say, we left KC quite a bit later than planned (2:30 p.m.)
3. Our two parakeets, Bert and Ernie, came along with us on our trip. Elise is the main caretaker of the birds, and so she had the priviledge of keeping the bird cage steady almost the whole way to Indiana. (She wouldn't have let anyone else do it anyway...) They had a pretty good trip, although they were pretty nervous, especially towards the end of the trip.
4. After an eleven hour drive, we reached our destination in Indiana by 2:30 a.m., Eastern Time. We had some very tired troopers! Thankfully, we didn't have to drive all the way to our new house. We spent the night in a dorm at the seminary.
5. At 8:30 a.m. the moving company called and said our truck was a day ahead of schedule (yay!, but Dana would have liked a little more sleep...). We followed the pastor that Stan will be working with out to the parsonage. That evening, our moving truck arrived and the seminary moving committee had it unloaded in less than two hours (too bad loading wasn't that fast!). We were showered with welcome, food, and friendship. We were exhausted, but grateful to be in this beautiful place, in this new chapter of our lives.
And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Posted by Dana and Elise... peanut gallery comments by Stan