Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I Enjoy Being Homeschooled

It's hard to believe that I have been homeschooled for ten years. The years have flown by and I can't believe that I will be starting college in three years. Since I have been homeschooled all my life, I have found plenty of reasons that explain why I like being homeschooled so much.

1. I am with my family a lot more than I would if I went to school. I have learned lots of things about my family because I have spent so much time with them.

2. I don't have very much peer pressure about acting a certain way, dressing a certain way, having certain things, etc. to be accepted in the “in-crowd.” I’m not saying that I never feel this way, but I am saying that I don’t think I worry as much about these things as others might.

3. Because I am with people of different ages so much, I feel comfortable being around them and being able to talk with them in the same way I would to someone my own age. I always get the urge to laugh if I hear about people complaining that homeschoolers are unsocialized because they obviously haven’t been around any.

4. I love getting together with other homeschoolers. I find events like this very enjoyable. Yes, we homeschoolers actually do have social lives.

5. I get great opportunities to read really wonderful literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment